Polk County Cases
Family Law Cases
Local Rule 68 compliance
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (mediation) classes are held at the Polk County Courthouse; contact the Circuit Clerk for dates and times, 417-326-4912.
ADR Class Dates for 2020
- Monday, January 27, 2020
- Monday, February 10, 2020
- Monday, March 09, 2020
- Monday, April 20, 2020
- Monday, May 11, 2020
- Monday, June 08, 2020
- Monday, July 13, 2020
- Monday, August 17, 2020
- Monday, September 21, 2020
- Monday, October 19, 2020
- Monday, November 09, 2020
- Monday, December 14, 2020
*Class time - 6:00pm to 7:00 pm
*Class location – Polk County Courthouse, 3rd floor, large courtroom
* There is no fee for this class
- Parenting Education providers on the approved list:
- Divorce Education Services-Robert C. Fields, J.D. & Karen Fields, MSGAC; Springfield, MO – (417) 831-1505.
- Burrell Behavioral Health, Springfield, MO – (417)269-5400.
- University of Missouri Extension Center Program.
- Tri-County Psychological Services, Ward M. Lawson, PhD, 208 W. Clay Street, Marshfield, MO – (417)859-7746
- FOCIS, Ozarks Counseling Center, 309 N. Jefferson #110, Springfield, MO 65806 – (417)869-9011.
- Melissa D. Harp, 1636 East Elm, Springfield, MO 65802 – (417)850-5851.
- Required Document Production:
- Income & Expense Statement
- Statement of Marital and Non-Marital Assets and Debts
- (a) Any federal and state income tax returns (including all schedules, W-2, K-1, and 1099 forms) for the proceeding 3 calendar years;
- (b) The last 6 pay periods “pay check” stubs or other evidence of wages, salaries or tips if no “paycheck” stub is issued;
- (c) Any financial statements provided to a lender or prospective lender within the proceeding 3 calendar years;
- The following documents, in addition to the preceding documents, shall be produced within such time period, only if the award of property or division of debt is an issue:
- (d) Any benefit statements wherein a party has an interest in any form of pension plan whether vested or non-vested;
- (e) The plan(s) relating to any pension benefits whether vested or non-vested;
- (f) Any deeds to real estate, notes, deeds of trust, leases, titles to motor vehicles, stock or bond certificates and any other evidence of ownership of an asset or interest in an asset claimed as marital or separate property;
- (g) The latest statement of account on all accounts held in any financial institution or brokerage firms;
- (h) All declaration sheets or certificates of coverage for life insurance policies insuring the life of either party or a minor child involved in the proceedings;
- (i) The most recent statement of value for any life insurance policy of either party or child, which has a cash value;
- (j) Any appraisals relating to any marital or separate property done within the last thirty-six (36) months;
- (k) Any trusts where a party is either the grantor or current income beneficiary of the trust;
- (l) Any partnership agreements, operating agreements in any limited liability company and/or stock certificates in any corporation in which a party holds an interest; and,
- (m) Promissory notes, deeds of trust, security agce sheets and/or income and expense statements received within the immediately preceding three (3) years with respect to any and all proprietorships, joint ventures, partnerships, realty trusts, corporations, limited liability companies (LLC), limited liability partnerships (LLP) or other legal entities in which is held a legal or equitable interest, individually or otherwise.
- (n) All balance sheets and/or income and expense statements received within the immediately preceding three (3) years with respect to any and all proprietorships, joint ventures, partnerships, realty trusts, corporations, limited liability companies (LLC), limited liability partnerships (LLP) or other legal entities in which is held a legal or equitable interest, individually or otherwise.